The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically affected places of public accommodation, especially dental offices.
Please read the documents below to learn about the changes in our office policies and procedures.
We have been closely monitoring all recommendations and mandates from the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and state and local governments to ensure that we are taking every necessary precaution for the health and safety of your children and our team members.
Below is an outline of some of the changes you will notice when your child comes for their appointment.
Before Your Appointment
We will contact patients prior to their appointment to ask some pre-screening questions of the patient and the accompanying guardian. If the answer to any of the screening questions is “yes”, the patient may need to reschedule their appointment for at least two weeks out.
Upon Arrival For Your Appointment
• Please plan to arrive on time for your scheduled appointment and only one adult will be allowed into the practice with the patient(s).
• Any child who does not have an appointment will be asked to wait in the car with a parent or guardian.
• All patient(s) and accompanying adult will be asked the screening questions and temperatures taken. If a fever (greater than 100.4 degrees) is present or if the answer to any of the screening questions is yes, the appointment will be rescheduled for at least two weeks out.
• Everyone entering the practice is encouraged to wear a face covering as recommended by the CDC and must maintain social distancing from other patients who may be present.
• Everyone entering the practice will be required to sanitize their hands.
• Patients will have access to hand sanitizer and hand soap throughout the office.
• We have installed sneeze guards at the check-in/check-out areas.
• We are equipping our staff with personal protection equipment (PPE) following the CDC and ADA guidelines, which provides protection for staff and patients. Though this might look scary to a child, we believe that it will ensure safety for your child and our staff members. We will do whatever is possible to make your child’s visit as pleasant as possible.
• We have installed High volume air filtration and purification unit with HEPA filters in every operatory and at the front desk. This is in addition to the existing air filters in our air conditioning system.
• We are implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures for the entire office.
• Our office procedures will be changing so that we will be seeing less patients per day and there will be fewer patients in practice at any given time to maintain the social distancing guidelines recommended by CDC.
• Between each patient visit, the entire treatment room will be sanitized and disinfected as before.
• We have removed all toys, magazines and I-pads from the waiting room
We will continue to maintain the highest standard of care and keep following all the state, federal and local health care agency guidelines and look for all ways to make your visit safer and comfortable.
Thank you for your continued support and we value your trust.